Literacy Materials for Students Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
As part of our statewide services, ISD provides professionals who work with deaf and hard of hearing children with access to language materials to assist with literacy development and instruction.
Statewide Resources Library
Need a video on basic signing at home? Need to study before an interpreting exam? Want to read a book about Deaf Culture? Iowa School for the Deaf has a library of materials on a variety of subjects to enhance interaction with individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. Anyone may check out the materials, which are sent to the requester through the mail. Materials can be checked out for three weeks.
Hard copy, physical materials are also available to check out. These materials are sent through the United States Postal Service. To view available materials, please visit our Online Catalog. New materials are being added all the time!
How to use the Online Catalog.
- Click on the Resource Center link for access.
- Use the Search function to find materials you would like to check out.
- Click on Add to this List.
- When you have selected the materials you would like, click on the Resource Lists tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on View next to My List.
- Copy this information into the Materials Request Form.